Mr Malcolm Wootton BSc MBA
- Director at Francis Lamont Innovations Ltd
- Director at Moto Comp Ltd
- Marketing and Development Director at Eclipse Blind Systems Ltd
- Technical Director at Strix Ltd
- Design Manager at Black & Decker UK
- Aston Business School - MBA
- Aston University - BSc
- Leeds Grammar School - A Levels
- Moto Comp
Francis Lamont Innovations Ltd
January 2011 – Present (1 year 2 months) Hathersage, Derbyshire, UK
Contract and self-initiated design and development of innovative solutions in healthcare.
Current projects include:
1. FLOTE - a low-cost, portable OR table extension to facilitate hip replacement surgery via the Direct Anterior Approach.
Simplifies a difficult procedure for the surgeon, allowing broader patient access to dramatic reductions in length of stay and rehabilitation.
2. Steri-Com - a closed-circuit, encrypted wireless communications system for OR use - especially for surgical teams are using sterile hoods, ventilators, etc.
Options for sensing/recording pulse oximetry, core temperature, etc.
3. e-Ward - a low-cost, patient-based, non-invasive wireless basic signs monitoring/alarm/communications system for (all) hospital patients;
Options for sensing/alarming/recording pulse oximetry, core temperature, etc. with bi-directional speech capabilities.
Moto Comp Ltd
June 2001 – Present (10 years 9 months) Hathersage, Derbyshire, UK
Design and development of motorcycle accessories for blue-chip clients.
Distribution of selected premium motorcycle equipment:
Gimoto made-to-measure Italian leathers
Top Block crash protectors
Termorace tyre warmers
Sunwise sunglasses - British Innovation in Eye-wear
Eclipse Blind Systems Ltd
Marketing and Development Director
January 1993 – June 2000 (7 years 6 months) Glasgow, United Kingdom
Window shading systems
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Mechanical or Industrial Engineering industry
1986 – 1992 (6 years) Isle of Man
Design and manufacture of thermostatic controls and power/cordless connectors for domestic appliances.
Black & Decker UK
1983 – 1986 (3 years) Spennmoor, Co Durham, UK
Power tool design and development
Various technology roles
1978 – 1983 (5 years) Lucas Research Centre, Solihull, UK
Specialist materials development for batteries and other energy storage systems e.g Hydrogen Fuelling for vehicles
Various technology roles
1976 – 1978 (2 years) Various
New product development
Skills & Expertise
Aston Business School
1980 – 1983
1972 – 1976
Leeds Grammar School
1966 – 1972